Sunday, December 28, 2008

We live within just a couple of hours of some very historic sites. The place where Luther began the Protestant Revolution, or where Bach did most of his composing. But, yesterday we decided to make the journey there a bigger deal than just a short ride in the car. So, in sub-freezing weather the whole day, we spent 6 hours on trains.







Wittenberg, where Luther peformed the most historic of hammering...






In Leipzig, we went in the Thomas Church, and they were playing some classic Bach on the little organ...




4 comments:

amy wright said...

Your kids (and Jonathan) look like true foreigners...flashing the "peace" signs.
Jay and I both want to visit Germany one day. And I can tell you exactly where Jay would spend most of his time...in the churches listening to the pipe organs.

Becky Dietz said...

I'm with Amy---I want to come to Germany also---and I want to come when they do so I can hear Jay play some of those organs. Question: Do your kids look like all those little German kids? I figure with the name of Dietz and the blonde hair, they must fit right in! (Love the dog in the bag!!)

Becky Dietz said...

Oh! And I want to come at Christmas!!!

Deanna said...

I loved Wittenburg! And Leipzig! Looks like fun!