Friday, February 15, 2008

I finally worked up the courage to go to the hairdresser. After more than 18 months of waiting and a few home haircuts (which weren’t too bad) I asked my speaking partner for help. She has a friend that does her hair and she has “normal” hair. This means it is not short, spiky, and a non natural color. (Blue, pink and purple are very common colors!) I had been concerned that I would not be able to communicate my wishes to her so I brought pictures of the color and length I wanted. So, after a 45 minute trip on public transportation and 2 hours in the chair, I had a new hairstyle. Well, it turned out as I feared. The color is not as I had hoped, not as blonde. The cut: not shorter like I asked and many many more layers. After I got hope I trimmed the lowest layer off so it was the length I wanted. It is beginning to grow on me and it actually is a pretty good cut, but I am still not happy with the color. All this for just $37. I think I may wait a while to go back! Can anyone recommend good at home hair color?! The picture isn't the best but it gives you an idea.

3 comments:

Stephanie Go. said...

So glad to have found you! You look great, and your kids are so cute! I can't wait to keep up with you through the land of blogging!

Sheryl1024 said...

So I think your haircut is very cute!! It is darker than I remember you keeping your hair, but I still love it!! $37 - that is fabulous!! Steph is right. Your kids are absolutely adorable. Somehow in all the time we lost being out of touch, I missed baby #4!! I'm thrilled you found me and we're back in touch!

Mentanna said...

i think it looks great! i have come home with a few colors i didn't ask for too. it isn't just germany!