Saturday, August 19, 2006

Got our crate yesterday. We found out we were getting it 3 hours before it arrived when they called to tell us they would be running late! God never ceases to surprise. We had just sent out requests for the crate to not arrive next week so we could atend a retreat. We thought this meant it would come after the retreat, but I suspect a lot of people were ping otherwise!
It was like Christmas around here for the kids and us too. I especially enjoyed being able to listen to some of my music again! We will post again in a couple of weeks when we get back from the retreat.
By the way, my music being here made me think of recommending some. If you haven't heard the great Derek Webb, you need to check him out. Here's a sample:

I Repent

"I repent, I repent of my pursuit of america's dream
I repent, I repent of living like I deserve anything
of my house, my fence, my kids, my wife
in our suburb where we're safe and white
I am wrong and of these things I repent

I repent, I repent of parading my liberty
I repent. I repent of paying for what I get for free
and for the way I believe that i am living right
by trading sins for others that are easier to hide
I am wrong and of these things I repent

I repent judging by a law that even I can't keep
of wearing righteousness like a disguise
to see through the planks in my own eyes

I repent, I repent of trading truth for false unity
I repent, I repent of confusing peace and idolatry
by caring more of what they think than what I know of what we need
by domesticating you until you look just like me
I am wrong and of these things I repent."

No comments: